2-Ingredient Healthy Energy Rounds
Some of you may know that we are travelling to Iowa tonight (yes, we’re driving over night, 7pm-9am probably) for a 4th of July family reunion. Some may run screaming at the words, “family reunion,” but I always look forward to the chaos of it all…and the delicious food of course. I love family! And many of you know that I’m currently prepping for contest so I’m doing very clean eating. My meals mostly contain tuna, other fish, vegetables like spinach and peppers, almonds, oatmeal and brown rice. Sounds boring, but I’m alright with it (especially with hot sauce). OKAY GET TO THE POINT–I need healthy, clean food for the road trip there for my attempt to stay awake. Luckily I stumbled upon this blog for the idea.
Of course, we’re bringing fruit and fiber cereal to snack on, but I wanted to bake a little something so here we are. Basically, 2-ingredient rounds full of energy and electrolytes! I can’t even tell you how easy this was to make. Perfect and delicious for snacks on the go.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Baking Time: 12-15 minutes
- 1.5 cup oats
- 2 bananas (mashed)
- almonds (optional)
- cinnamon (optional)
- You’re probably saying, “That’s IT?” to the above. Yep. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- To start off, mash up your bananas really well, get it nice and smooth.
- I had some almonds I wanted to use, so I decided to add it into the mix. Again, you don’t have to do anything more than oatmeal and bananers. If you want to use almonds, cut or grind them up.
- Now you want to mix it all together in a big bowl. Start with a base of oats and almonds and then add the mashed bananas in and stir.
- Make sure you mix it all up really well. I added cinnamon to it because I LOVE cinnamon and put it in everything. Now line up a baking sheet with wax paper or you can use a cooking spray/oil. Plop those rounds on there. Should make about 12.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes (mine took 13). Let cool and then EAT.
They are so easy and delicious, it’s the perfect energy snack for on-the-go. And it is HEALTHY. No crap in it! And I’d imagine they’d be lovely with milk. Again, this takes no time at all, I did it while packing to show that it’s easy. Enjoy this quick, delicious, nutritious recipe to stay hungry and fit!
You might also like…
- Ridiculously Easy and Healthy Oat Chocolate Chip Raisin Drops
- Scrumptious Whole-Wheat Banana Date Muffins
- Get Yo Autumn On: Whole-Wheat Banana PUMPKIN Bread
BONUS KITTY PIC