Get Yo Autumn On: Whole-Wheat Banana PUMPKIN Bread
Oh yes I said it…pumpkin. I’ve made tons of banana breads, but now it was time to introduce the beloved fall vegetable, pumpkin. How many times do you think I can say pumpkin in this paragraph? Anyways, this pumpkin banana bread is one, absolutely delicious, two, easy to make, and three, doesn’t leave you feeling guilty. It uses a bit of brown sugar and honey to sweeten things up, as well as the banana and pumpkin that go along with it. I found this recipe here and varied it a bit, put more cinnamon in it, more honey, typical stuff for me. Alrighty, get ready.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1 banana
- 2 tablespoons orange juice (weird)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
This is the pumpkin puree I use. You can find it…ANYWHERE right now
Okay, looks like a long list but it doesn’t take long to prepare.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 55-70 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- REAL simple here. Mix all the wet ingredients together
- Then, you mix in the dry ingredients like the flour, baking soda, etc. Just look up at the ingredient list above, I organized it for you (it was really hard).
- Spoon it all into the buttered or oiled baking tin and place into oven!
- Bake for 55-75 minutes. Test it in the middle with a fork or a toothpick to make sure it’s cooked all the way through.
Hope you enjoy it as much as we will! I’m bringing this over to my aunt’s and cousins’ to watch the Election Night coverage as we bite our fingernails. Now that I think about it, I probably baked this to subconsciously soothe myself. Don’t forget to VOTE tomorrow. Please.
BONUS KITTY PIC