Almost-S’more Banana Cookies [3 Ingredients!]
After a nice light workout, and a delicious post-workout dinner at Mediterranean Market (one of our favorites), I wanted some dessert. I had eaten pretty light at dinner (it’s so easy to stuff yourself there with delicious falafel), so I was ready for a little dessert. Our favorite Mexican bakery was closed, and we’re both too congested for Glacier (best ice cream in town). We didn’t have much dessert food in the house (besides some squares of dark dark chocolate), so I decided to just make some! I remember seeing this recipe, and it was so simple and easy–the perfect cookies for tonight. And they have good macros to boot (aka pretty healthy)!
Why almost-s’more? Because I’m not using any marshmallows. A) Because they have gelatin in them and sometimes horse hooves are used for that, but let’s be honest and turn to B) Didn’t have any in the house. Alright, let’s get to the recipe!
- Prep Time: 3-5 minutes
- Bake Time: 13 minutes
- Makes: 6 cookies
Macros (per cookie)
- Calories: 116
- Fat: 3.5g
- Carbs: 20g
- Protein: 1g
- 3/4 cup ground graham crackers (I had the cinnamon kind–yum!)
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Set oven to 350 degrees F
- So I tried lining up my baking sheet with parchment paper and it didn’t turn out so well for my cookies. Try just buttering or oiling your baking sheet instead
- Crush up your graham crackers. Put them in a ziplock and roll a rolling pin over them to get ’em nice and grounded
- Mash your banana well in a mixing bowl
- Mix the rest of the ingredients in the bowl
- The original recipe made 8 cookies, but I think perhaps I made mine a bit bigger than her. So plop your cookie dough on the baking sheet any way you would like. They don’t really expand, so style them how you want them to turn out! Remember this isn’t a normal cookie dough texture
- Bake for 13-15 minutes. Mine were promptly ready at 13. Take out and let cool for a few minutes (I know, that’s hard).
How easy was that?! It took no time at all…well, it took some time for me because we got caught in the middle of a Monk marathon (best show ever). These are guilt-free cookies that don’t break the money bank or time bank. I know I’ll be using this recipe frequently when I need a dessert fix or a last-minute needed dish for friends. Use this recipe to stay hungry and fit!
You might also like…
- 2-Ingredient Healthy Energy Rounds
- No-Bake, No-Sugar Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- Whole-Wheat Oat Banana Cookies: Get a Padlock Ready
BONUS KITTY PIC