If you couldn’t tell by the title, this recipe is very healthy. There is no sugar and no refined flour. AND THEY TASTE GOOD. I wouldn’t lie. This is my first time baking muffins from scratch, so I’m very pleased. I found the recipe here, altered it slightly and cut in half because I only have a 12-count muffin pan. And this was all the while watching Fawlty Towers!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 17 minutes
- Yields: 12 beautiful muffins
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 bananas mashed
- 1/4 cup hot water
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees and grease the muffin pan
- Put the whole wheat flour, baking soda, and salt into a small bowl and mix.
- Put the dry ingredients to the side and get a bigger bowl where everything will end up. Put in the olive oil and honey and whisk well.
- Once that is well mixed, drop in those two eggs and mix mix mix!
- Once those are beaten, then add the mashed (MASH THEM) bananas into the mix.
- Now the dry ingredients are ready to make friends with the wet ingredients. Slowly stir in the dry ingredients, alternating with pouring in a little of the hot water you measured out before. Mix well!
- The mix is delicious by the way–had way too much of it before it hit the oven. Go a head and pour the mix into your muffin pan. Fill it as high up as you want–it all depends on how big muffins you’d like.
- Put in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Mine cooked in about 17 minutes. Try going for 15 minutes and test them.
Cheers! Enjoy the recipe and the food! Delicious