Green Protein Smoothie
This may surprise you, but I’ve never really done “juicing” or used spinach in my smoothies. Sure I’ve had carrot/apple juices, but it’s just not something I’m into (nor am I against it–just don’t have a juicer). However, when I saw this recipe from one of my favorite bloggers, I had to try it immediately! Yes, it has spinach in it, but don’t let that deter you! It also has peanut butter, banana, and greek yogurt in it! Those are the ingredients that pulled me in. I actually wanted to make this a few days ago, but we had everything except bananas (I had just made these muffins). I was heartbroken. So the next day, we went and got bananas so I could make this first thing. I changed this recipe a little: went from smooth to chunky peanut butter, used almond milk instead of regular, and, of course, threw some protein powder in there.
Macros (per serving)
- Calories: 261
- Fat: 5.7g
- Carbs: 28g
- Protein: 28.6g
- 1 cup raw spinach
- 1/3 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup Silk Vanilla Unsweeted Almondmilk
- 1 tsp chunky peanut butter
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 scoop unflavored protein powder (but a vanilla flavor would do well too)
- 5 ice cubes
- Throw the ice, milk, yogurt, banana, spinach, peanut butter, and honey into the blender. Press “ice crush” a few times to get that ice down to bits. Then blend.
- Once it starts to become mixed, throw the protein powder in.
Pretty easy directions and it serves well anytime of the day. I was a little cautious about trying it, with spinach being the main ingredient of the smoothie. However, I threw a straw in and went for it. I was so pleased and surprised–it was delicious! You could taste all the subtle flavors. The spinach didn’t overpower it at all but rather shared the palate well with the peanut butter and banana. I wish I had two servings because it was so tasty, but I was actually quite full and satisfied just after one. And I absolutely love the natural color the spinach brings out–a light fresh green. Use this recipe to stay hungry and fit!
You might also like…
- Chocolate Strawberry Lean Protein Shake
- Spinach Feta Pie [NO CRUST]
- HEALTHY Whole-Wheat Banana Bread
BONUS KITTY PIC