Whole-Wheat Zucchini Chocolate Chip Bread
So one of my clients gave me a RIDICULOUSLY big zucchini. Enormous. Like an elephant trunk. I wish I took a picture of it. So what to do with this unholy piece of vegetable? At first I would cut it up and roast or fry it…but then I was still left with half of the zucchini (I would probably measure it at 2 feet). So I say to myself…why not bake something you’ve tried before? Whole-wheat chocolate chip zucchini bread, of course! I got the recipe from here and tweaked it. And I may have added a few dashes of things to make it more Fall–like. This is one delicious and healthy recipe! Let’s get to it.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Baking Time: 60 minutes
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup mini-chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a bread pan
- First off, let’s peel and shred that darn zucchini. Remember you only need 2 cups worth, so don’t get too crazy
- Mix all the wet stuff (honey, oil, sugar, vanilla, and eggs) until nice and smooth
- Now add the flour, salt, baking powder and soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg! Mix it well
- Now stir in the zucchini, nuts, and chocolate chips!
- Now scoop this batter into that greased up bread pan and make even
- Now let’s put it in the oven for 55-60 minutes. Test it by sticking a fork or toothpick in it.
And that’s really it! The zucchini adds a wonderful texture to the bread. This is one great way of tricking your kids into eating zucchini by hiding it in this beautiful bread! Make sure to let cool for a little bit before serving, I know, it’s hard. Pretty simple recipe and instructions, perfect for leftover zucchini. After the first day, put in the fridge to keep the zucchini from going bad. Use this recipe to stay hungry and fit!
You might also like…
- HEALTHY Whole-Wheat Banana Bread
- Jodi Boylan’s Amazing Irish Soda Bread
- Get Yo Autumn On: Whole-Wheat Banana PUMPKIN Bread
BONUS KITTY PIC