5-Minute Protein Pancakes
So I’m still prepping for contest, so I’m upping my protein and lowering carbs somewhat. It’s about two hours before my second workout (just cardio) and my tummy is rumbling. Hmmm…what to eat? I don’t want to eat any straight-up carbs (during this LAST week of contest, I’ll get my carbohydrate grams from other sources like veggies and shakes) like cereal or oatmeal, I don’t feel like having tunafish or a salad, but I could always use more protein. Hmm…oh yes–protein pancakes! I had played around with a recipe before, didn’t quite get it how I wanted it, so I used this recipe and altered it a bit to fit my needs. It’s extremely easy and filled me up without feeling sluggish.
Macros (for 1 serving…even though I couldn’t finish the serving, maybe it’s 1.5 instead)
- Makes: 4 good-sized pancakes (I could only finish 3)
- Calories: 230
- Fat: 4.6g
- Carbs: 19g
- Protein: 33g
Again, I could only finish 3/4 of this serving, so I didn’t get those full macros above.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 scoop protein powder (I am using MTS Machine Chocolate Whey)
- 1/2 small banana
- 3/4 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 egg whites
- Put in the (preferably over-ripe) banana in a small bowl and mash to smithereens
- Next comes the egg whites, stir furiously, in comes the cinnamon to spice up our lives, throw the protein powder and mix, and finally slowly add almond milk and stir. You may not need the whole 1/2 cup or you may need more, you don’t want it too liquidy.
- Cook like regular pancakes on a griddle or a pan on medium-heat. Mine made 4 big-ish ones, takes roughly 5 minutes to cook. Feel free to top with whatever you’d like. I would normally put maple syrup on mine (even maybe some greek yogurt), but not until this contest is over. Some fruit would be delicious too.
Really tough recipe, huh? Took me roughly 7 minutes and I got a whopping 30 grams of protein under 200 calories (because I couldn’t finish it all). This protein pancake recipe is worth it if you’re craving some good flap jacks, but are watching your macros. Even if you aren’t watching macros, this is a delectable snack or breakfast! It still has the pancake feel and taste, and makes us feel like we’re having that traditional drool-worthy breakfast. Use this recipe to stay hungry and fit!
You might also like…