The Perfect July 4th Treat: Stuffed Strawberries
Now that I think about it, it doesn’t need to be July 4th…it can be any nation’s pride day who has red white and blue. And you aren’t limited just to July 4th either because it’s a healthy and delicious treat! I may have served these on July 5th, but that’s only because we already had rhubarb pies made by my grandma. This special dish involves fruit, dairy, and happiness and doesn’t take longer than 15-20 minutes to make! I got it from here and added a bit of lemon into it and took out some sugar.
Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
Cooking Time: …non-existent
- a tin of strawberries (I just usually get the regular pound at the grocery)
- a tin of blueberries (same thing)
- 5 oz marscapone
- juice of a lemon
- lemon zest
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Wash the fruit and pat dry all of it
- Take the strawberries and cut the green ends off and also a little portion of the tip so they can stand upright on a platter
- Take a melon baller and ball out of the bottom, creating a crevasse.
- Once your strawberries are all “pitted” and plated, let’s turn to the filling. Put 5 ounces of marscapone cheese and put it in a small-medium bowl
- I would next do the lemon juice. Cut the lemon in half and squeeeeeze all that juice out.
- Next, grind the lemon on a grater and get a good amount of zest (people say 1 tsp, but I eyeball it)
- Then, throw the powdered sugar and vanilla in and stir! Mix it all up really well
- Now comes the most difficult part: take the marscapone mixture and put it into a re-sealable bag and snip a corner off. Use this contraption to fill the pits in the strawberries up with the mixture
- Once all the strawberries are filled to perfection, place the blueberries on top of the cream in the strawberries. And that’s it!
This is an easy, healthy treat you can substitute for pie or something else you’d like to stay away from on those holiday food feasts. Fresh fruit and sweet cheese. How could it go wrong? It’s easy to do, pretty to the eye, and delicious enough to impress. Make this recipe if you’re looking to stay hungry and fit!
You might also like…