The Easiest Healthiest Dessert Recipe Ever: Sweet Baked Pears
I really need to cut down on these title lengths. Anyways, to the recipe. I discovered this recipe through a program I work with at the YMCA, called MEND. It’s a free program to fight childhood obesity and change the lifestyle to a healthy one at home. It’s been very successful! During each session, the participants get a MEND “cookbook”–a compilation of MEND-friendly (aka HEALTHY) recipes. This is from there. This is a guilt-free recipe. It’s basically fruit, cheese, and cinnamon. ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients [serves 6-8 people]
- 6 pears (if you’re less-hungry people, you can use less)
- 1 1/3 cup ricotta
- 1 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp agave nectar (or honey)
- 1 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees
- Wash the pears and cut them into halves
- Scoop out the seeds and most of the middle
- Put the pears on a baking sheet (no oil required) and put in the oven for 20 minutes
- Let’s now turn our focus to the mixture. Put all the other ingredients (ricotta, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and agave/honey) into a small-medium bowl and mix! Feel free to taste
- Put the mixture into the fridge to chill until you serve.
- Take out the pears from the oven after 20 minutes
- When ready to serve, put dollops of mixture in the hollowed part of the pears!
And that’s IT! Seriously amazing, delicious, and you don’t feel bad eating it because there isn’t any crap in it. This is a recipe I will be frequenting. I whipped it up very quickly after a gym session before we went to a friend’s house for dinner–it’s amazingly simple for how delicious it is. Enjoy!
BONUS KITTY PIC