Post-Workout Protein Oatmeal
So I came back from my workout at an odd time, around 11 in the morning. Hmm, I want something to sustain me for a bit, and smoothies never do. Wait, didn’t my protein powder bin say to try it in cereal? Well, oatmeal is a cereal…hmmm. And here we are with a oatmeal recipe loaded with protein. It was actually really good, once you got used to the texture. Really delicious and healthy. Try it out!
Prep Time: 7 minutes?
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1 scoop flavor-less whey protein [I use Jarrow’s]
- 4 strawberries
- 6 dates
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp agave nectar
- Get cup of water to boiling
- In advance, cut up dates and strawberries
- Add in oatmeal and turn down to simmer
- Once oatmeal is starting to cook, put in some cinnamon
- After you stir in the oatmeal, pour in the whey protein powder and stir. By this point, you definitely want to keep an eye on it because it will stick much easier
- Once you stir in the protein powder, pour in some of the agave nectar in for a touch of sweetness
- Throw in a few dates and strawberries in (but not all of them) to heat into the oatmeal
- After a minute, take out and serve into bowl
- Put the rest of the fruit on top and you’re done!
I think this took me about 7 minutes total and it filled me up with excellent nutrients: fiber, protein, and carbs! If you want, you could even try putting in a flavored protein powder, up to you!