Easy Peasy Banana Bread
Who doesn’t have old bananas in their pantry? I know we do at least once a month. We do not throw them out. Instead, we make banana bread! Banana bread is such a delicious thing that is not too unhealthy, but also easy as heck to whip up. It’s a great snack or treat any time of the year, but especially during the winter, there’s just something about that smell of it baking in the house.
This recipe is incredibly easy: just put everything together, whisk, and bake! I based this recipe off of Carrots ‘N’ Cake’s recipe–you should check her out, she’s a very fun healthy lifestyle blogger. Our favorite way to enjoy banana bread is taking a slice and toasting it in the toaster oven and then slathering butter on it. Mmm-mm! Let’s have fun making this banana bread!
- 2 bananas (preferably over-ripe)
- 1 cup AP flour
- 3 tbsp butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- a drizzle of honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 heaping tsp vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda.
- Mash your bananas into smithereens.
- In a large bowl, whisk the softened butter and sugars together. Then you can add the egg, honey, vanilla extract. Mix together well.
- Add in the banana slowly as you whisk (or beat).
- Lastly, add in the dry ingredients and mix until a slightly thick consistency.
- Pour the batter into a greased-up bread pan and bake for 40-45 minutes until top is light brown and it’s cooked all the way through.
Two things I love about this banana recipe: (1) it’s so easy, (2) it’s not too sweet. A lot of banana bread (or baking in general) recipes have so much sugar in them–it doesn’t need it! I like a somewhat healthy indulgence that isn’t going to pack on or make me feel sluggish. I can whip this up quickly before a gym session or a lunch and leave it (somewhere safe from the cats) to cool if I’m not eating it right away. Keeps for a while, but it usually doesn’t last too long–this is a popular recipe!
You can also have fun with it and add chocolate chips, walnuts, or whatever! Let us know how you like to make it. Use this recipe to stay hungry and fit!