Chocolate Chip “Cookie Dough” Dip
I have been wanting to try this one for a while since my friend from college, Mary Kate, made a batch and I got to try it. Oh, it is heavenly. I’m not sure if this is the recipe she used, but it’s what I based mine off of. Now this isn’t actually cookie dough, it kind of is more like cannoli cream. Chris isn’t all into sweets, so I knew I had to make this where I could bring it with others to share (bad news bears if I left it all for myself–helloooo tummy ache). So my cousin’s birthday get-together was last night and I decided to trial it then. I made it after we FINALLY caught up with our new obsession, Castle.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes tops
- Cooking Time: …none
- almost 1/2 cup whipped butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 7/8 cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese
- Alright. Real simple. Let’s start by heating up a pot and throwing the butter in and then the brown sugar. Whisk it up until it bubbles, then put in the vanilla extract. Take off heat.
- Now in a medium-sized bowl, cream together the cream cheese and powdered sugar.
- Then add in the butter mixture. Then fold in the chocolate chips.
Yeah. It’s really simple. I would suggest serving it with something like pretzels. I tried using graham crackers but it was too sweet. I think the sweet and salty provides a nice balance. It is a sweet treat to enjoy with friends and family. Refrigerate if not using right away. And as always…stay hungry and fit!
You might also like…
- Home-Made [EASY] Chips & Guac
- Whole-Wheat Oat Banana Cookies: Get a Padlock Ready
- Almost-S’more Banana Cookies [3 Ingredients!]
BONUS KITTY PIC