With high quality ingredients, patience, and love! Plus, all of the instruction I will give you below.
Last week, I made my signature Shrimp Fettucine Alfredo (with a scallop on top, asparagus, and french bread) for Fit’s birthday dinner. Of course, cooking for six in a kitchen you haven’t really used is always challenging but we cannot make excuses, only delicious food. (It’s also fun when one doesn’t eat meat, one has to control their intake of carbs, and one has acid reflux!) Alas, here is a very basic but very delicious way to make Alfredo sauce.
Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo
Hardy and rich meal with robust flavors that anyone can make
- 1 tablespoon – Dry Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon – Dry Oregano
- 1 teaspoon – Dry Herbes de Provence (do not tell my ancestors!)
- 1/2 Pint – Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Pint – Milk (I use whole, some use skim! How rich do you like it?)
- 2 Tablespoons – BUTTER
- 1 Anchovy – Diced
- 1 1/4 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup of shredded Asiago cheese
- 1/3 cup of shredded Romano cheese
- Salt (in grinder)
- Pepper (in grinder)
- Medium saucepan
- Whisk (no ball or spring whisks please… stick to a balloon or french whisk… I use french for better movement)
- Spoon (for tasting)
- LOVE, PASSION, DESIRE
- Pour all of the milk into your medium saucepan, on medium heat.
- Begin whisking at a moderate pace, adding the heavy whipping cream.
- Continue whisking with the dominant hand, add the butter.
- Whisk to break down and incorporate the butter completely.
- Slowly add 1/4 cup of shredded cheese (any) while whisking.
- Continue adding cheese, slowly, whenever the former cheese added has completely been incorporated, without any lumps.
- Add the diced anchovy, while whisking gently.
- Add the dried herbs, while continuing to whisk gently.
- Let the mixture sit at medium heat and take a moment to taste.
- Add salt and pepper at your disposal.
- When the flavor is beautiful, continue whisking at medium heat, until it has thickened to your desired texture.
- I recommend using HIGH QUALITY ingredients! If you cannot afford them, that is fine BUT if you are trying to make a special meal for a special someone (or are just trying to impress anyone) it is well worth the splurge! The difference is obvious!
- Do not allow the cheese to stick to the bottom of the sauce pan, you must whisk with constant vigilance!
- Feel free to continue prep and cook other ingredients while continuing to whisk the mixture. Keep it on medium to low heat after this initial preparation, mixing every minute to make sure it does not stick to the sides or bottom, solidify in any way, or lose the texture you have earned. I usually make the fettucine and shrimp (this time scallops, asparagus, bread as well) at the same time.
hungry and fit http://hungryandfit.com/
It may have many calories (don’t ask how much) but it actually is quite simple with some patience and high quality ingredients, and it will surely help you stay happy, hungry and fit!
BONUS PUPPY PIC
Noke trying out for Sound of Music