I was going to title this “The Bodybuilder’s Breakfast,” but I was worried that would scare too many people off. As in they would see my head on Arnold’s body. Bodybuilding is just creating a toned and muscular body! But that aside…if you want to do some clean eating, here’s an easy way to start your day. I have this most days out of the week. It keeps me full for a long period of time and it satisfies my taste buds. Oatmeal and hard-boiled egg whites. Pretty common ingredients. Simple, nutritious, delicious.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats (however you can use any kind, it will just take longer)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- anything else you want to add- bananas, nuts, other dried fruit, maple syrup, etc
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil
- Take your hard boiled eggs and delicately peel the white off and drop in a bowl
- Add any hot sauce you want to the eggs and cut them up with your fork
- Once the water for the oatmeal boils, stir in the oats
- Soon after, put in the cinnamon, raisins, and any other additions you would like
- Hard-boil the eggs beforehand to make it a super quick breakfast
You can spiff up the oatmeal all you want. While I was in contest prep, I just had cinnamon in it to limit my sugars, but you can go wild with it! In college, we used to put the weirdest things in. Hey, it’s fun! This breakfast is sure to provide long-lasting satisfaction with no guilt involved. Eat clean to stay hungry and fit!
BONUS PUPPY PIC