A New Way to Get Plant-Based Nutrition
If you’re a vegetarian or vegan, you may have trouble getting enough protein in your diet each day. You have to be very thoughtful and meticulous in order to even get the minimum! Protein is important, it helps our muscles stay healthy and get stronger, it helps us stay full, helps to build and repair tissue, and it also helps create enzymes, hormones, and more. Does that sound important yet?
We’ve talked about Sunwarrior before here and that’s because they have solid ingredients and feed us protein without all the meat. This time, I’d like to talk about “Illumin8.” Sounds exciting. You’re probably wondering what the heck it is! Well, let’s find out from an excerpt of their news release:
“The product, called “Illumin8,” is USDA Certified Organic, comes in powder form (similar to the company’s popular Classic Plus and Warrior Blend products), and fulfills all eight essential, “core” nutritional components of a meal.
The Core Eight
- Protein – Yellow peas, brown rice, chia, quinoa, flax and sprouts
- Good Carbs – Complex, gluten free carbs, with amaranth, quinoa, garbanzo, and lentil sprouts
- Healthy Fats – Chia, flax, and coconut
- Vitamins – No synthetics; vitamins come exclusively from organic herbs, essential oils, and superfoods
- Minerals – Preserved plant-life from an ancient seabed, untouched by modern pollution, for macro and trace minerals with fulvic acid
- Fiber – Baobab, chia, and flax offer both soluble and insoluble fiber along with antioxidants for gentle cleansing, hydration and digestion
- Enzymes – Tailor-made to maximize the exact mix of nutrients
- Probiotics – Stable and acid-resistant to supply your microbiome with reinforcements
“We pride ourselves in producing the best protein blends on the market, but Illumin8 doesn’t just stop there,” said Russ Crosby, Chief Executive Officer of Sunwarrior. “The other seven core nutrients combined – probiotics, fiber, good carbs, etc. – are what make this product truly the first of its kind. Illumin8 is a comprehensive meal replacement, not just a protein supplement. This is clean, nutritious, plant-based eating at its finest.”
Illumin8 can be consumed as a meal replacement, snack or pre/post workout shake. One serving (or one scoop) is 160 calories, 19-20g of protein, 2g of fiber, and 5g of sugar (no added sugar). It comes in three flavors (Vanilla Bean, Aztec Chocolate and Mocha), in a one kilogram tub with 25 servings, and can be purchased for $64.97 (SRP) at participating Whole Foods, Vitamin Shoppes, Sprouts, GNCs and thousands of other retailers across the country, as well as online at www.sunwarrior.com. “
This is one of the most well-rounded “protein powders” you’re going to find, which is why we are happy to share it with you. I use the Sunwarrior supplement usually after workouts to make sure I’m getting protein right away to make my muscles happy. Try Sunwarrior to stay hungry and fit!