This is my first time making Chicken Parmesan (or better known–Chicken Parm) and I think I did pretty darn well! I’m a vegetarian, so I can’t taste while I cook, which I don’t particularly like, but I was able to feel it out and follow directions and made ’em nice and tasty. I found this easy recipe here and changed it to fit what I wanted. This is a quick fix for any hungry meat-eater and boy did Chris like it!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 7-10 minutes
- Serves: 2-3 people (or JUST Chris)
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 egg
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce (I used homemade)
- Wrap the chicken breasts in some plastic wrap. AND BEAT IT! JUST BEAT IT! Really, smack the heck out of it until it’s around 1/3 inch thickness. Or just eye it.
- In a bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, cheese, and oregano. In another bowl, combine the egg and salt.
- Now roll those smacked-up chicken breasts first in egg and salt mix, and then, once coated in that, roll it in the breadcrumb mixture. Really coat it.
- Heat up some oil and once it’s nice and hot, place those breaded-up suckers in. It should only need about 3 minutes on each side, but just keep an eye on them until they’re golden brown. The original recipe calls for putting mozzarella on top, but, ummm, I forgot to put it on and it was just fine without it.
- Heat up some marinara sauce (I made mine from scratch) and pour on top of the beautiful golden breaded chicken and serve!
It was delicious and Chris literally ate all 4 chicken breasts. I served it with a broccoli-zucchini mix on the side. It’s the perfect meal for after work because it takes less than 30 minutes to make and it’s DELICIOUS. It feeds a whole family if you don’t have a freak like Chris who can eat the world (hi Vishnu). Use this recipe to stay hungry and fit!
You might also like…
- Biscuits, Tofu, and Vegetarian
- Hungry’s Secret Recipes: Humming Chicken Star Deluxe
- Boulder’s Best Italian Food: Il Pastaio (by Costa Ricans?!)
BONUS KITTY PIC