Love Yourself: 30-Minute Total Body Blast [NO EQUIPMENT NECESSARY]
Hey, lovers and self-lovers out there! Today may be a day to splurge on chocolate, pastas, and fine wines (we are personally ordering pizza and kicking back since I work late), but it is also a day to show your body some love! You can’t be unfair and only treat your taste buds, treat your body too. Find 30 minutes out of your busy day to kick your own butt! In a kind and loving happy way. This is a home workout, you don’t need any weights–just keep moving! So no excuses! Keep a water bottle nearby.
30-Minute Circuit Total Body Blast
We are going to be doing a circuit of 10 stations for 1 minute each. Think you’re ready? Let’s do it!
1. Jump rope. Whether you have an actual jump rope or not, do this at a fast pace.
2. Plie squats. More information on these if you click the link, these should be done slowly.
3. Push-ups. More information at the link, you can do them regular or knee-style, whatever your strength level is at.
4. Mountain climbers. These are quick. The faster you go, the more you burn!
5. Plank. Click the link for more information. Make sure you’re doing this right or I’ll sit on you.
6. Supermans. For these, you are on your belly and you lift your arms and your legs, with your torso still on the ground. You go up for about a second and then down, and then up and down, etc.
7. High knees. Hold your hands/arms parallel to the floor at a high level and kick your knees up to try to get them to your hands. These are FAST.
8. Lunges. Hands on the hips in starting position, lunge out forward with one leg, then back, lunge out with the other leg and back. Make sure that back leg is getting low to the ground.
9. Dips. Using a bench, a chair, a couch, anything really, hold onto the object, facing away from it and dip down, using your triceps.
10. Russian twists. Sit up with your legs off the ground and twist your shoulders back and forth (your whole torso), hitting either side with your hands. Make sure you are doing a full twist.
X3. To do this full workout, you must do this circuit three times. And 1 minute at each station (use an iPhone, a timer, stopwatch, something to keep track of time). You may need rest in between, but get a sip of water and try to keep going. Keep that heart rate up and the sweat flowing. And if you only have 20 minutes, then you can just make it two circuits instead of one. I know you have 20 minutes to spare today before you spend it with your love or your friends or your pets. If you’d rather have a shorter, more repetitive 15-min workout, click here. And click here for more circuit training ideas.
Let us know if you have any questions, and as always, stay hungry and fit! Cheers!