These muffins are one of the best guilt-free, low-calorie, satisfying snacks for your everyday needs. Also, our bananas were nearly black. And that’s when you know it’s time for one of the many banana recipes. And being right after Thanksgiving, this was an easy choice. I added pecans for a little extra protein and healthy fat. Also, they were leftover from our sweet potato casserole. You gotta use what you got! This recipe is ridiculously easy, in fact I made two batches. And it’s uber healthy with plenty of fiber since it uses whole-wheat flour. Only takes about 15 minutes to cook and less to prepare.
- Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
- Baking Time: 15-18 minutes
- 1 3/4 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2-3 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup hot water
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease your muffin tin
- Mix together the dry ingredients (flour, salt, & baking soda) in a small bowl
- In another bowl, pour the honey and oil in and whisk it up until it’s totally mixed together
- Now crack those eggs and mix it up with the honey and oil
- Next, we want to mash those black bananas into a nice gooey mess. I like a few chunks of banana because that’s always fun to bite into when it’s cooked. Spoon in the bananas and stir into the wet mixture.
- Okay! Now it’s time to marry the dry and wet ingredients. Slowly stir in the dry mixture into the wet, alternating with the hot water. Do this until both the flour mixture and hot water are gone.
- Now it’s time to chop up those pecans into quarters and stir them into our beautiful mix.
- Almost there! Now we want to spoon the mixture into each spot in your muffin tin, and try to make them all equal if you can.
- Put into the oven for around 15-18 minutes. Stick a fork or toothpick in the middle to see if they’re done. If there’s tons of batter on the toothpick, leave it for a few minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes and then slowly scrape them out!
This recipe came out beautifully. The muffins were moist, not too sweet, and full of whole-wheat goodness. They are perfect for Chris when he has to eat breakfast on the run and perfect for me to shove in my face between clients. Don’t miss out on this easy, healthy recipe! Bake these delicious muffins to stay hungry and fit!
- Question of the Day: What are your favorite quick baking snacks?
BONUS KITTY PIC