Now this is another recipe from the great book my lovely client got me: the McDougall Quick & Easy Cookbook. It’s full of delicious, healthy recipes that don’t take the whole evening to prepare. My client encouraged me to try the tofu scramble and I finally did. I am very thankful I did so, and I was rewarded by having it for many meals since it makes plenty of servings. This recipe is healthy and easy to make, especially for those who take lunch to work. You can have it any time of the day with anything–toast, eggs, stir fry! It is SUPER easy.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 1 packet firm tofu
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1-2 cups mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 1/2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Put the water in a medium frying pan and turn on heat
- Put in the chopped mushrooms and bell pepper
- Once the mushrooms and peppers have been somewhat cooked, throw the spinach in as well. Feel free to season how you’d like
- While it continues to cook, take out your tofu and put it in a bowl. Mash it up, reeeal well. Keep going!
- Put all your seasonings in with the tofu and mix it around the mash
- Add the tofu to the veggies and cook for another 5 minutes or so, until you see fit.
- You can serve with potatoes, tacos, eggs–whatever meal it is and whatever you are in the mood for!
It may not be pretty, but it is nutritious and delicious! It’s easy to whip up (I did it after a long workout) and it kept me fed for a few days after I made it! Definitely worth it. There’s so many ways you can change it around. The original recipe calls for onion, but I say whatever vegetables you have in the house, throw them in! This is the perfect recipe to stay hungry and fit!
You may also like…
BONUS KITTY PIC