This weekend, Chris and I attended our first blogging event. Chex had researched the blogs in the Colorado area and we popped up on their list! We drove down to the Park Meadows Mall in Lone Tree (which is BEAUTIFUL) and attended the event for about an hour. The bloggers were all female and a slightly older demographic. Everybody was super friendly and it was great to meet other bloggers, especially some of who I follow daily like Dinners, Dishes and Desserts. We spent half the time trying out the easy peasy Chex holiday recipes and then the other half bundling up the goodies in little gift boxes and bags. All the recipes we learned were easy and delicious–perfect for procrastinators like me for gift-giving. And then Chex sent all of us home with goodie bags that we very much appreciated. Thank you, Chex! It was hard picking one recipe out of the many we tried, but I’m going with the Sugar Cookie Chex mix. Now onto the yummy stuff…
- 6 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp corn syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- Put the cereal in a large bowl that can be microwaved
- Line a baking sheet with some wax paper or foil for when you are finished
- Get your butter melted, whether through the oven, microwave or other means
- Mix the regular sugar and corn syrup into the butter, then microwave to loosen everything up
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Pour the mixture over the warmed up cereal and stir it so it is mixed properly. Also add in the white chocolate chips at this time
- Microwave for 2 minutes
- Sprinkle with the powdered sugar and really spread the sugar around
- Now let’s lay the delicious cereal mixture onto that lined baking sheet. Sprinkle those sprinkles on top and have fun with it!
And that’s it. You can absolutely make this in under 15 minutes, no problem. If you prefer the oven, go for that! Next time when I do it on my own, I will probably substitute the corn syrup for some sugar and water. This dish is really delicious and it’s perfect for the holidays and school parties. Take advantage of it! And as always…stay hungry and fit!
- Question of the Day: What is your favorite holiday treat?
BONUS KITTY PIC