If every day was like yesterday, then I’m going to need constant refreshing things to put down my gullet. Unfortunately, that may lead to unhealthier things like overdoses of ice cream and other sweet treats that don’t exactly lead to the bathing suit body we want to present in the upcoming season.
Well, ladies and gents, we have come up with a solution: SILK. No, not the nice pajamas. Silk Milk, the kind that makes you feel great and keeps you kickin‘. We have come up with a few ridiculously easy and healthy frozen treat recipes. We love that Silk appreciates keeping the calorie count low while giving us tons of flavor and goodness. No GMOs and tons of calcium. That’s what Hungry and I need. Silk keeps us healthy and strong while appeasing our taste buds.
These sweet treats will keep your frozen sweet tooth satisfied without added sugars and heavy fat. We used various kinds of Silk milk (from plain Almondmilk to Soymilk) and mixed it up with frozen and fresh fruit. These sweet treats are on a stick, so all you need are freeze pop molds!
The three Silk products we used
From top to bottom: Tropical Freeze, Dreamsicle, and Chocolate Strawberry Pop
Ready to freeze!
Ready to eat!
Healthy Frozen Treats
Three delicious, healthy freeze pop recipes that will take under 10 minutes
- 1/4 cup Silk Unsweetened Almondmilk
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen blend of tropical fruits (pineapple, mango, etc.)
- 1/4 cup Silk Original Soymilk
- 1/4 cup orange juice of your choice
- 1/4 cup Silk Dark Chocolate Almondmilk
- 1 strawberry
- Put the Silk Unsweetened Almondmilk with the tropical fruit into a blender
- Blend until mostly smooth
- Pour into mold
- Freeze for 4-6 hours (all freeze pop molds are different though)
- Pour Silk Original Soymilk into molds along with the orange juice
- Freeze for 4-6 hours
- Pour Silk Dark Chocolate Almondmilk into the freeze pop mold (only 2/3 of the way to the top)
- Chop up the strawberry and put it in (make sure you don’t let it overflow!)
- Every freeze pop mold is different so your freeze pops may take shorter or longer to freeze
- Going along with that, you may need to alter the amount of ingredients as it could be too much or too little
hungry and fit http://hungryandfit.com/
These freeze pops are light, refreshing, and delicious. They are sure to cool off any hot day and keep those around you smiling. What’s spring and summer about if it isn’t happiness? We use Silk in recipes like this so we can feel like we are indulging ourselves while staying healthy. Sign up for the Silk newsletter to get free coupons and chances of winning Silk products! I always try to stay current with the Silk Facebook page as I am always finding new recipes and tips for using Silk. Use Silk in your recipes to stay hungry and fit!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.