Besides Weetabix, this has become one of my go-to breakfasts when I have enough time in the morning. It’s packed with protein and fiber, sending you ready to kick butt on the day ahead. Now, typically, store-bought waffles aren’t the best for you. But that all changed when one day I was craving waffles while we were grocery shopping, and I scoured the frozen section for some decent waffles. Tip: always pass up the Eggo’s. Another tip: NEVER PASS UP THE VAN’S.
Yep. The name of this natural brand of waffles is Van’s. And no, I did not receive any money from them for this post (though, I wouldn’t mind a tip if they stopped by). Good nutritional value at 180 calories per 2 waffles, 10g protein, 2g fiber, 6g sugar and no saturated fat. Can you say, “YES PLEASE.” But there’s more to this power protein breakfast. What’s a breakfast without greek yogurt? Alright, enough chit-chat–look down for this 5-10 minute breakfast recipe.
- 2 Van’s protein waffles
- 2 dollops of 0% Fage Greek yogurt (or any kind you have)
- 1/2 tsp butter (optional)
- 100% pure maple syrup OR agave nectar
- 2 strawberries (but any fruit will do)
[I’m literally salivating as I write this–it’s that good]
- Put waffles into toaster/toaster oven for 5-10 minutes (or until golden brown on both sides)
- If you want to, spread a minuscule amount of butter atop the two waffles and plate them.
- Put a spoonful of greek yogurt on each waffle
- Pour your syrup or agave on top (however much you’d like)
- Cut up your fruit and put on top
And DIG IN. I literally look forward to this the night before I know I have time in the morning to make it. It’s a perfect-sized breakfast with enough protein to start the day off deliciously and will keep you satisfied more than that bowl of Raisin Bran. Next time you go waffle shopping, try Van’s. It is so worth it. This is a mouth-watering breakfast that doesn’t leave you feeling guilty or heavy afterwards. I have a very active job (I’m a personal trainer after all…) and this is the perfect thing to start the day right. This is a meal that will encourage you to be…hungry and fit! ENJOY!
I mean, come on, LOOK AT THAT
BONUS KITTY PIC
Nymeria being lazy and tired…and cute