I always like saying quinoa the wrong way (“kih-no-ah”) just to bug Chris, so it’s always great when it’s in my life more frequently. This is an easy (PEASY) recipe that is perfect for breakfast, but will serve as a nice refreshing snack anytime of the day. I was inspired by Happy Fit Mama when she instagrammed a picture of this dish. I had to try! It fit my clean-eating perfectly. After all, I’m getting close to the end of contest prep! She gave me the ingredients she used, but I went ahead and created the recipe with measurements and all. Kinda winged it, but it worked! Enjoy this perfect recipe for summer living.
Macros (for 1 serving)
- Serves: 2
- Calories: 208
- Fat: 5g
- Carbs: 33g
- Sugars: 4g
- Protein: 8.3g
- 3/8 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp drizzled honey
- 1/2 cup Silk Vanilla Unsweetened Almondmilk
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F
- Mix together the quinoa, cinnamon, chia seeds, and honey in a small dish that can be put in the oven
- Put in the oven for about 15-20 minutes (until well-bonded and kinda crisp)
- Pour 1/2 cup almond milk over and enjoy!
Yeah it’s that easy. And I was able to have the other half for breakfast the next morning! Talk about a good deal. The texture of the chia seeds after baking and then drowned in almond milk is next to perfect. It feels like a truly wholesome meal whether you have it for breakfast or any other meal of the day. Use this recipe to stay hungry and fit!
You might also like…
- The Perfect Breakfast: Warm Weetabix
- Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner: Tofu Scramble
- Power Protein Breakfast: Waffles, Greek Yogurt, and Fruit
BONUS KITTY PIC