Before we went to bed last night, I was feeling a little hungry and I also knew that my macros were a little low too. However, I was also feeling tired and lazy, and didn’t want to do anything with too much prep. So what better to combine two of my favorite things? Avocado and egg. This is low in carbohydrates, low in calories, and medium-high in healthy fats! Perfect for a snack any time of the day, but mine just so happened to be around bed time. This recipe takes no longer than 5 minutes and is so delicious to boot!
- Prep Time: 1 minute
- Cooking Time: 2-4 minutes
- 1/2 small avocado
- 1 egg (we are house-sitting right now and get fresh eggs from the chickens every morning!)
- Frank’s hot sauce (optional)
- Cut avocado in half
- Crack an egg and put it in a small saucepan on medium heat
- While the egg is cooking, scrape out the avocado and place it on a plate kind of in a pile
- When the egg is done (I like over-easy), simply place the egg on top of the avocado and let the yolk drizzle out
- If you’d like, pour some hot sauce on top (Frank’s + eggs= heaven)
Yum yum yum!
And that’s it! A healthy, quick snack any time of the day. High in nutrients and it won’t break the calorie bank if you’re worried about that. The textures are gooey and warm–a melt in your mouth sinful sort of feeling. I can’t wait to make this again. Simple is usually the best way to go. Cheers! Use this recipe to stay hungry and fit!
You might also like…
BONUS KITTY PIC
Even though he’s taking my spot, he’s so damn adorable