Here is a super simple recipe for a somewhat natural/healthier but still insanely delicious topping for your ice cream sundaes. (Because we all know how much Hungry & Fit love their ice cream sundaes.)
We always buy clearance…
Delicious Cinnamon Sundae Crumble
A healthier way to spruce up your sundae without sacrificing taste
- Cereal – you see that we used a healthier cinnamon crunch cereal. Chex would be great because they taste amazing and would absorb the flavor of the other ingredients well.
- Cinnamon – Whatever kind you like.
- Honey – High quality honey!
- Maple Syrup – REAL, dark maple syrup. The good stuff.
- Sesame Seeds – any color that you want.
- Preheat your oven to bake at 350 degrees.
- Crush the cereal in its original bag.
- Pour it into a large mixing bowl. Preferably glass.
- Add the maple syrup for an initial coating.
- Now coat with the honey as well.
- Add the cinnamon while folding together gently.
- Spread the mixture across a baking sheet. (You may treat it with oil or butter to prevent sticking. I did not and had no problem with sticking.)
- Add the sesame seeds over the spread out mixture and place in the oven.
- Bake until golden brown or your kitchen smells amazing
- Stir and top on your ice cream
- I did not use brown sugar but that would taste amazing. It would just be a little more difficult to evenly spread in this mixture because of it’s tendency to stick together, even with a nice little moisture bear in your jar
hungry and fit http://hungryandfit.com/
I hope you enjoy this homemade sundae topping. Feel free to add fresh fruits, especially berries or bananas on top. As always, stay hungry and fit!
*Question of the Day: What are your favorite toppings for ice cream sundaes?