Sweetie-Pie? Huh? I say that because this recipe is sweet. Very sweet. So much so that I’m not a huge fan of it, but those who I made it for loved it (and that’s what matters, right?). At first, I thought I had done something wrong, and I was ready to angrily toss it in the bin, but I left it in the fridge overnight and it turned out great! Anyhow, this is a peach cobbler from this blog. I didn’t change much out of the recipe because I’m kind of new to cobblers. Alright, let’s take a look.
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Baking TIme: 20-25 minutes
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup white flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup milk
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 4 peaches
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup oats
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (yes, it’s on the ingredient list twice)
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. Put the stick of butter in a few-inch-deep pan, like a casserole dish and let it melt in the oven.
- Let’s start with the batter. I’m not a huge fan of the batter–it’s very typical white cake type stuff. But again, other people liked this! Combine the flour, white sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the milk and vanilla to that dry mix and stir. Set it aside
- Get out a pot and put in the peaches (they should be chopped up in little chunks), brown sugar, lemon juice, and cinnamon. Bring to a boil and then let it boil for 5 minutes.
- Pour the white batter into the casserole with the butter in it, but do not stir! Make a nice layer and then pour the hot peach mixture on top too, for a delicious, beautiful layer
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- While it’s baking, combine the oats, the (other) brown sugar, and nutmeg in a small bowl
- Take the cobbler out and sprinkle the oat mixture on top. Put back in the oven for 10-15 minutes until it’s nice and brown on top and cooked through
You can serve hot with ice cream or chill it in the fridge for a nice cool cobbler. I would go for the latter. The more I kept trying it over time, the better it became. And it was perfect by the time I brought it to work. Two people had birthdays within the next two days so we decided to do a little birthday bash for them. One of them is picky about desserts (doesn’t like sweets), but mentioned that she loves peach cobbler so I gave it a go! I also made these muffins. And as always… stay hungry and fit!
You might also like…