Woah, what a title. Are you out of breath? Well you should be, because these are delicious. I took the recipe from this blog (which I think will be a new favorite of mine) and took out the sugar and reduced the butter. The other day, I was simply craving to bake something, but we didn’t have many ingredients in the house. We did, however, have these ingredients. This is such an easy recipe to make such decadent cookies. And you don’t even have to turn on the oven! Amen to that for hot summer nights.
- Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
- Baking Time: …0 minutes
- Makes: 9 (I cut the recipe in half, if you want to double it, the way OMFG So Good did it, go for it!)
- 2 cups oats
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/8 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (or whipping cream)
- 3/4 stick butter
- 1/4 cup agave or honey
- Line a baking sheet (or two) with parchment paper
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the cream, cocoa powder, butter, and honey.
- Mix and stir until butter is melted.
- Bring to a boil for a little over a minute and then take off heat
- Once off the heat, stir in the peanut butter, vanilla, and oats. Stir it real well, getting it as smooth as you can with such ingredients.
- Use an ice cream scooper (this is the perfect way to do it!) and scoop a ball of each and plop it on your baking sheet.
- Once they’re all lined up, let them cool for a bit and then put them in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Once nice and cool, go ahead and serve! It’s delicious with a glass of milk (almond or regular, your choice)
And that’s it! Pretty simple, huh? I give thanks again to OMFG So Good (brilliant blog title too) for bringing this to my attention. And by bringing, I mean I hunted the recipe down. These are very decadent cookies, rich with the mixed combination of chocolate and peanut butter (Reese’s, anyone?). That is a combination I can near never refuse. This recipe has plenty of protein, fiber, and unsaturated fat to keep you satisfied in the afternoon! Use this recipe to stay hungry and fit!
You might also like…
- Peanut Butter Oat Bars
- Mary Kate’s Easy Delicious Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
- Eatery Review: Piece, Love, & Chocolate
BONUS KITTY PIC