I would say one of the most popular desserts of all time are chocolate chip cookies. I’ve rarely seen people deny them out of distaste, maybe just out of nutritional reasons. Chris is always wanting some fresh-baked cookies, and I decided to be nice (rare moments, I kn0w). However, they wouldn’t be completely without a twist of health. These chocolate chip cookies have whole-wheat flour in them instead of regular, which adds more fiber into our diet! Who needs apples when you could have these cookies? Just kidding, kids… But truth be told, these are full of fiber, and not overdone with sugar and butter. These are perfect for summer days and sure to win you friends!
- 1.5 cups whole-wheat flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup g. sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 bag chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a baking sheet
- Combine dry ingredients in a smaller bowl
- Beat sugar and butter together until smooth
- Add in egg and vanilla
- Slowly mix the dry into the wet mixture, but don’t beat it too much
- Fold the chocolate chips in
- Roll up some dough and plop it in separate ball-type formations onto the baking sheet
- Bake for 16-20 minutes
These are really darn good. Hungry has been eating them for every meal I kid you not. I tried to stop him…but there’s no stopping him with a handful of chocolate chip cookies and a gallon of milk. This recipe is so easy and these cookies are really good! Try them out and let me know what you think!
*Question of the Day: What’s your favorite kind of cookie?
BONUS KITTY PIC