The Perfect Breakfast
An egg on toast. It’s so beautiful, yet so simple. It has a certain elegance that is hard to explain, but it’s something nearly everyone can enjoy. Still, there are a few ways to treat it that make it even better… so here is a simple recipe for the dish below, which may very well be, your greatest breakfast discovery.
- 1 piece of bread
- 1 egg
- Goat cheese
- Curry powder
- Meat (optional–we use Morningstar fake meat)
- Oil or butter
- Place your piece of bread in the toaster/toaster oven. If you don’t have one, you can always toast it in a pan.
- Heat up a shallow pan to about medium on your stove.
- Place your oil or butter in a medium heat pan on the stove.
- Crack one egg into the pan.
- Season with a sprinkle of salt, few cracks of pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon of curry powder.
- Flip the egg, as soon as possible, without breaking the yoke.
- Allow the curry powder to cook as long as possible, without losing a soft cook on the egg.
- Pull the bread and smear goat cheese on it, evenly covering as much of the bread as possible.
- Gently place the egg on top of the smeared goat cheese over the bread.
- Place the meat on top.
- Another dash of salt.
- Crack into the egg, let it soak, and enjoy!
You might be able to tell, but what really makes this approach different is the curry powder and goat cheese. Be cautious when using the curry powder! By using these, you’ll add a little heat and some acidity to the dish that will help cut through the richness of the egg and add some love to the relatively flavorless bread… unless you have some great bread. The bread should be well-toasted to add that crunchy texture to every bite.
Let us know how you like it and how you do egg on toast! Healthy and simple breakfasts start a day strong, and good starts to the day help you stay hungry and fit!