Super-Powered Oatmeal Recipe
Even if you have a regular 9-5 office job, you still need to find something to get you through the day. And forget just getting through the day, why not power through the day?! Thus I bring to you….super-powered oatmeal: a recipe to give you a happy belly and charge you with energy for the day. It’s really quite simple and I use what ingredients I have in my pantry. It doesn’t take long and I find it’s a lovely way to start the day. Cooking is a form of creativity and creativity itself often lends energy to the creator. I like to cook this simple oatmeal recipe while sipping on fresh cold lemon water and a cup of tea. If you’re wary of cooking breakfast, this is a good recipe to start with: it’s hard to screw up.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- Put water and oats in a saucepan and set to high until boil.
- Once it boils, put heat to medium.
- When the water starts to cook out, put the chia seeds, peanut butter, and cinnamon in.
- Stir continuously to prevent any stickage to the bottom of the pot.
- When there is pretty much no liquid left (meaning oats are quite cooked), pour and stir in the maple syrup
- Serve and eat hot, but don’t burn your mouth!
As you might be able to tell, I like recipes that have a lot of variability to it. You can get creative with it! Don’t like peanut butter? Put a different nut butter or creamy substance! Throw actual nuts in there! Go nuts with it! Look in what is in your pantry and take out things that could work. This is a healthy start to any day and I suggest you try it! Use this recipe to stay hungry and fit!