Red, White, and Blue Cookies
Happy 4th of July! While you’re thinking of what to bring to that friend’s BBQ, consider wowing the crowd with a sweet treat–with festive colors, of course! This patriotic batch of cookies are easy to whip up and let me tell you, the batter is delicious. I tried to cut some of the fat and sugar down in this recipe so you don’t have to feel too guilty about them alongside your beers and hot dogs. I got this original recipe from Dani California Cooks and tweaked them into cookies. I love being creative with other people’s recipe to really make it my own. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease up a baking sheet
- Mix flour, salt, and baking powder together in small bowl
- Mix together the eggs, sugar, honey, and vanilla extract together until fluffy
- Add the flour mixture into the wet mixture slowly until just combined
- Gently stir in the blueberries, white chocolate chips, and cranberries in until evenly spread in the dough
- Use a teaspoon or tablespoon (depending on how big you like your cookies)
- Cook for 10-20 minutes (I know this is a big range, but just keep checking on them during that time)
- Take out and serve hot or cold!
This is definitely a crowd pleaser. People will appreciate the subtle hints of color, but more importantly, the delicious flavors! If you’re gonna cheat one day, at least make it a patriotic cheat. You can always test out ways to make it healthier, but remember you need to keep everything balanced in order to keep it tasting right and holding up the right texture! Always try to make recipes your own and throw your own spin on it. That’s what makes it so fun to be creative in the kitchen. If you want a healthier 4th of July recipe, look here. And as always, stay hungry and fit!