May the Fourth Be With You (Star Wars Day)!
May the Fourth Be With You! Or, more commonly known as Star Wars Day! One of the best days of the year where I get to celebrate one of my favorite universes. Star Wars is a huge part of me. I grew up with it. Almost like a figure instead of just a movie, it became an entire world! The imagination, adventure, and virtues from the movies (and beyond) definitely left an impression me that I carry today. I feel that it’s made me unique in a way that I like.
I will definitely do something beyond just sporting my Star Wars tee (pictured below). I’ll watch one of the movies, play Battlefront (or any of the many LucasArts Star Wars games I adore), maybe read a comic or start a Star Wars book. Here are a few fun Star Wars-y things going on:
- ThinkGeek has an amazing 20-60% off sale going on for Star Wars items. I may or may not have already spent $50+
- Star Wars Battlefront has a fun event where any player who logs on will get 4,444 credits! They are also adding a new Hutt Contract which a fun new feature to get new weapons
- Steam and PlayStation Store among other retailers have great Star Wars game sales
- Disney will–of course–take advantage of this newly-obtained series and host a great deal of events in their parks
- A whole ton of other Star Wars sales ranging from decor to functioning BB-8 droids
Those are the events that caught my eye. Let’s hope I don’t spend too much money on Steam, but also, let’s get real. Have fun today and use the Force to stay hungry and fit! (enjoy my Star Wars pics below from the past 6 months or so)