Healthy Halloween Snack
PUMPKIN SEEDS. Yup. I know that you’re probably chock full of unhealthy Halloween treats like candy, pumpkin-flavored sugar bombs, and things that are weighing you down. So in between your sugar comas, try making this healthy Halloween snack: toasted pumpkin seeds. Plus, it’s incredibly easy. Takes almost no effort and the time is just in the baking of the seeds. Pumpkin seeds have a good amount of protein per ounce!
- Pumpkin seeds fresh from a pumpkin
- Good amount of salt
- 3/4 tbsp butter
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F
- Scoop the pumpkin seeds from your beautiful pumpkin
- Put seeds in a strainer and pick the pumpkin from the seeds
- Put in small mixing bowl
- Melt the butter and mix into the seeds
- Put an ample amount of salt and do another mix
- Lay out the pumpkin seeds as spread out and flat as possible on a baking sheet
- Bake for 20-30 minutes (make sure to check it)
See? Told ya it was easy. The messiest, most difficult part is picking out the pumpkin from the seeds. Otherwise, you throw it in the oven and forget about it. Then you get to enjoy the nice toasted, crunchy, salty pumpkins seeds. This is a snack that will please everyone that is also good for you! Double the fun. Make this recipe for Halloween to stay hungry and fit!
BONUS PUPPY PIC