Easy Biscuit Dinner Rolls
We had a family get-together over the weekend and I had to think of something for a side dish. We had no butter, no veggies–nothing in the fridge or pantry. But one thing we did have…baking ingredients! Why don’t I make dinner rolls! Perfect. However…I didn’t have butter. But, thanks to the internet, I found my way around it! I used this recipe. However, again, it called for an ingredient I didn’t have–mayonnaise. I looked up a few different ways to “substitute” mayo and decided on my winner (egg yolk + oil). Either we were going to have some great dinner rolls or we were going to stop at Whole Foods. Spoiler alert: they turned out great! This is an incredibly easy recipe for some delicious biscuit dinner rolls.
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp of mayonnaise (OR use 1/2 egg yolk + 1/4 cup of oil + lemon juice + 1/2 tsp mustard)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F and grease up your muffin tin
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and milk slowly
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients
- Spoon batter into the muffin tin
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until firm on the outside
I was so happy these turned out well and I didn’t become the shame of the family (just kidding…kinda). I’m also so happy that the weird mayonnaise substitute mixture I concocted actually worked! Wonderful culinary surprises. So if you’re ever in a cinch, or you just want some delightful dinner rolls that don’t pack on the guilt: try these. They’re incredibly easy–took under 5 minute prep and 15 min cooking. And as always, stay hungry and fit!