Delicious Vegetable Soup
This post is brought to you by Hungry’s mom! We composed the post, but she provided the recipe and pictures! Yum!
With spring and summer around, vegetables are flowing freely (yay!). We are truly happy for that and even happier with the recipes that come along with it! This vegetable soup is sure to keep everyone around the table happy and well-fed with nutritious ingredients. There is not much work to it at all!
- 1 large container(approx 32 oz) organic vegetable broth
- 1 large can (approx 28oz) whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 can 16oz (or fresh equivalent) of cannellini and red kidney beans
- 1 cup fresh green beans
- 2 cups shitake mushrooms
- large dash pepper
- large dash olive oil
- 2 cups diced celery
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 shallot, sliced
- several handfuls fresh dill
- 12 fresh sage leaves
- 1 cup thin egg noodles or similar small pasta
- pepper to taste or if you like it spicy, add fresh peppercorns
- Make sure to do all the chopping or slicing you need to do for vegetables
- Add all ingredients with the exception of egg noodles to large sauce pot and bring to a boil
- Simmer and cover for approx 1-1.5 hours
- Ten minutes before serving, add egg noodles
- Would go great alongside ciabatta bread!
There you have it. Enjoy and thank Hungry’s mom for this one! This is a great way to meal prep for the entire week and not have to worry about dinner. Big batches are smart like that. Use this recipe to stay hungry and fit!