Healthy Black Bean Brownies
The first time I heard about black bean brownies, I turned my nose up. First of all, brownies aren’t my go-to dessert (although they can be delicious, see: Judith’s brownies) and second of all, BEANS?! IN BROWNIES?! Now you’re talking crazy. However, here at Hungry and Fit we’re always looking at ways to healthify things we love so we have no limits. One day, one of my trainers brought in black bean brownies and they were darn good. Black bean brownies are a sure lesson of not judging a book by its cover, because they are gooo–oood! This recipe is a sure way to eating brownies guilt-free!
- 1 15oz can black beans
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup oil (I used olive oil)
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cook oats
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a square tin
- Rinse out your beans
- Put all ingredients into a blender or food processor
- Mix it up real, real well–make it smooth!
- Mix in the chocolate chips
- Pour into tin
- Garnish the top with chocolate chips
- The more you blend it, the less grittier it will be!
These are healthy and delectable. I usually don’t tell people they have beans in them until they try it (unless they are on a health journey). This recipe promises not to disappoint taste buds or waist lines. I am very happy for this recipe to satisfy any chocolate craving! Use this recipe to stay hungry and fit!
BONUS PUPPY PIC