Weekly Challenge: Time Journal
Despite our busy schedules and lives, I feel like I definitely have some “time-suckers” in my life whether it be tv or pinterest (sigh) or cuddling with my cats. It’s not necessarily wasted time, but I wanted to just be able to see where my time when I wasn’t working, working out, blogging, etc. was going! I was reading this article and it inspired me to try a time journal. I love experiments, making schedules, so I was thrilled to take the challenge. It’s just a Monday through Sunday thing.
I convinced my friend from the joy scout to join me in this endeavor. Chris too but he hasn’t had time to do it yet…ironic. Basically you can format it however you want, I know my friend used her Notepad app and I preferred to type and print out a table chart that I could scribble in as my day goes on. I still may revert to the Notepad at the end to make it prettier to present. I’ll just show you one day so you can get the picture, and don’t worry I will type it out so you don’t have to endure too much of my chicken scratch.
Monday, January 27th
- 6:30am- woke up, but stayed in bed to cuddle
- 7am- showered and made oatmeal
- 7:30am- ate, posted blog, made lunch, and got ready
- 8am- wiped off car (got a bunch of snow the night before) and drove to work
- 8:30am-3pm- worked
- 3pm- drove home from work
- 3:30-5:30pm- gym
- 5:30pm- got dinner for Chris (he had scuba lessons and no time to get dinner)
- 6pm- made and ate dinner, fed cats
- 6:30pm- watched food network, showered
- 7pm- (and this is when my stomach started to hurt) watch food network, plan schedule, clean up
- 7:30pm- watched food network, cleaned litter, did dishes
- 8pm- watched food network (see, this is on in the background this whole time), went through emails, formatted post
- 8:30pm- slight story edits, YouTube, Twitter (ugh)
- 9pm- YouTube, Twitter, wrote
- 9:30pm- wrote, talked to Chris
- 10pm– talked to Chris
- 10:30-11:30pm– caught up with some Downton Abbey
- 11:30pm- got ready for bed and went to sleep
So you probably know more about me than you wanted, perhaps, but there it is! Each night is different depending on workouts, dinners, and how I’m feeling. Obviously for Monday, I could have avoided TV and YouTube/Twitter to save more time. And it’s just about being diligent and meticulous filling the time journal out. I love doing things like this. Join me! You could always do a Thursday to Thursday! I will be posting my entire week once I finish. Let me know if you want the time journal file, I can send it over! Fill out a time journal to stay hungry and fit!
- Question of the Day: Have you ever tried a time journal?
BONUS KITTY PIC