Healthy Broccoli and Onion Quiche Recipe
As you know, we’re travelling to California and New Zealand in less than a week. This means we need to get rid of perishables ASAP! What is a good way to use lots of eggs in a yummy way? Oh yeah, quiche. Now, I’ve never made a quiche of my own, but I’ve always always been a fan. My parents both make wonderful quiches in such different ways and I was excited to try it. And I am amazed how easy it is to make it! Quiches are going to happen a lot more often in this household! I was planning to have it for breakfast or lunch tomorrow, but unfortunately…none of it survived (thanks, Chris). This recipe was adapted from Whole Foods.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- Serves: 8 (well, I cut it into 8 pieces…obviously just served us 2, serve yourself more if this isn’t enough and you don’t have to feel guilty about it!)
- Calories: 98
- Fat: 4.4g
- Carbs: 7.4g
- Protein: 6.8g
- 4 eggs
- 1 small broccoli (roughly 1.5 cups)
- 1 white onion
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- black pepper to taste
- paprika to taste
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- First, grease up a square or circle baking dish and pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Dice up the onion (don’t forget your goggles so you don’t cry!) and chop up the broccoli into small little pieces
- Heat up a pan with oil and cook the onions until tender. Then throw the broccoli in for 5 minutes or so.
- Put the cooked veggies into your baking dish
- Alrighty, let’s move onto our egg mixture. Grab a large bowl and put the eggs, milk, Parmesan, salt, oregano, and pepper. Whisk whisk whisk! Then slowly mix in the flour.
- Now pour the egg mixture into the baking dish evenly.
- And that’s it. Now we just put it in the oven for 35 minutes. After it’s ready, let it cool before you dig in!
This recipe was so easy and so delicious. Like I said, we ended up finishing the whole tin in one meal. We are hungry and fit after all. This dish is great with some ketchup, too. I am so excited to play with this recipe and throw different veggies, spices, and meats (for Chris) into it and see what happens. To top it all off, this recipe is ridiculously healthy which helps me stay true to my goals. Just look at those macros above! Use this recipe to stay hungry and fit!
- Question of the Day: What’s your favorite quiche ingredients?
BONUS KITTY PIC