Easy Dessert: Pear Tart with Crumble Atop
What do you do with pears that are getting soft? Bake them! At least that was my excuse for my next baking adventure: a pear tart…crumble…thing. It was a tart/pie in the way of having a crust and baking the fruit, but I also prepared a crumble for on top. It made to be a delectable combination and I will continue to use it in the future. The recipe is based on this, but I altered a good number of things.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Baking Time: 45 minutes
- 1 pie crust (homemade or store-bought, whatever you’d like)
- 3-4 pears
- 2/3 cup turbinado sugar (used in separate times)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 tspb lemon juice
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F
- Peel your pears and slice them up
- Mix the sliced pears with 1/3 cup sugar in a bowl
- Put the sliced pears with sugars into your pie crust
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour and the rest of the sugar together. Then chop up your butter and “cut it” into the flour. You can use a pastry blender, but if you don’t have one like me, then you can just use a fork. You want to press the butter into the flour and sugar until it has a breadcrumb-like consistency
- Pile it on top of the tart and put it in the oven for 45 minutes!
I was a little nervous about mixing a tart recipe and a crumble, but it actually turned out really well! And luckily, I didn’t have to use too much sugar. The pears give enough sweetness that you don’t need to dump cups and cups of sugar onto it. Try this recipe out, you won’t regret it! It’s pretty darn easy. And as always…stay hungry and fit!
<a href=”http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/6029731/?claim=fxjwdaadcbk”>Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>
BONUS KITTY PIC