The Easiest Black Bean Soup You’ll Ever Make
If you’ve been following our blog, you’ll know it’s been pretty rainy here in Colorado (see my thunderstorm run). I wanted an easy, hearty dish to fill our stomachs with warmth and comfort on another rainy night. I got the recipe from here, and added my own goodies to it. The simplicity of this “soup” is ridiculous. Seriously. And it’s vegan too, if that’s how you want it.
- Prep Time: 1 min
- Cooking Time: 10 min
- Serves: 3-4 normal people
- 2 cans black beans
- 1 bag frozen veggies
- your own blend of spices
- [optional] mushrooms
- Put 2 cans black beans into the pot and start simmering in a pot
- This is optional, but I put about 3 cloves of garlic into the pot as well
- Add your frozen veggies and any other herbs, spices, or veggies you would like (or meat)
- Let it simmer for at least 10 minutes (until everything is warm) and stir occasionally. If you are cooking ahead of time, it doesn’t hurt to simmer as long as you want to for deeper flavor
- Serve with a side (I did cornbread)
I prepared all of this before a workout. After the core workout (sample core workout here), I came home, popped the cornbread batter in the oven, and heated the soup up again on the stove. It was definitely the perfect meal for a rainy night and I get to enjoy it again for a rainy lunch. It has ample amounts of protein for my healing muscles and great fiber for the whole body.
Cheers! Stay hungry and fit!