Decadent Chocolate Peanut Clusters
If you’re not an idiot like me, this recipe is so easy. Just wait and watch. The taste to ease ratio is OUT OF THIS WORLD! I originally saw the recipe on the delicious Hip Foodie Mom blog, and she got it from another blog, here. As always, I didn’t follow exactly to the recipe, and it turned out beautifully. This is such an easy recipe, great way to impress/feed the loved ones at home, work, and elsewhere. Listen up!
- a bunch of chocolate [I used about 12 oz], the better quality chocolate, the better quality finished product (I used two different kinds of Ghirardelli Chocolate, milk and truffle)
- microwave/hot water
1. Depends on the chocolate, but unwrap them and put them in a medium sized bowl.
2. Put in microwave and take out every 30 seconds to stir. Depends on your microwave and chocolate for the length of time that it takes to actually melt down. Mine took six times, so 3 minutes total. Try not to eat too much of it at this point (whoops)
3. Now this is where you don’t want to be an idiot like me. I actually DE-SHELLED about fifty peanuts, making this process take twenty minutes longer. Do the right thing and just get a bag of already de-shelled peanuts. Slowly stir them in, make sure they’re really mixed!
4. Get a baking sheet with wax paper across, and drop spoonfuls a few inches from each other.
5. Put in fridge for at least 1 hour. I left mine in all day and they turned out beautifully.
6. Take out and serve! When I put them away, I put them back in the fridge so they wouldn’t melt.
BONUS KITTY PIC