First of all, yes, yes, I know…brilliant title. I thought of it myself. And second of all, it IS healthy and GUILT FREE. Why? There’s barely any sugar in it. It’s weird. But I don’t lie. And for record, this is my first pie/crumble/whatever-you-want-to-call-it that I’ve made by myself from scratch. I took it from here, but as usual, modified. It didn’t take too long either. It was a very pleasant process.
Ingredients (Pie Filling)
- 2 boxes of blackberries
- 2 boxes of raspberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1.5 sticks butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 teaspoons cold water
So first, let’s take care of the pie filling (will take approx…2 minutes!).
Directions (Pie Filling)
- Put the berries, flour, and sugar into a bowl (take note that it’s just the 2 teaspoons of flour)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Combine the flour and salt in a big mixing bowl (this time 2 cups flour)
- Cut up the cold butter into little pieces and place in flour mixture
- Next, add enough cold water for the flour to stick together and can be rolled into a massive ball of dough.
- Place in the freezer for 15 minutes
- Take out of freezer, and use glad wrap or wax paper to really roll it out as thin as you want the crust
- Once the crust is rolled out, place half of it on the bottom of your pan (or whatever you may use)
- Next, get that fruit filling in there, to make it look truly beautiful.
- Using the rest of the pie dough, make the top of the crumble/pie
- Put in the oven for 35-45 minutes. Mine took about 42 minutes I would say.
Even though the crust wasn’t perfect, I definitely had two servings. Have fun!